Sunday, April 12, 2009

what a peaceful weekend it has been :)

I didnt want to come home this weekend. For a million different reasons really. But i did, and what a true blessing it has been to my soul.

I feel like ive learned so much in just the past 3 days.
This weekend has been nothing but peace and rest for me.
And the wildest part of it all is that ive spent every moment with my father.

How wonderfully mysterious is the Lord and the way he chooses to show up.

God really layed it on my heart on the 10 hour drive home friday that im not coming home for me, im coming home for him. My dad.

I have never been one for patience with my dad. I complain about his lack of understanding when i talk to him about wanting to be a missionary. But how can i possibly expect him to see or understand how much i love the Lord if im not showing him that same love the Lord shows me.

To begin loving him, I have to forgive him. And to forgive him, i have to surrender my bitterness to the Lord. When i do that, he is no longer the father that i could have done without, he is no longer the man that i blame all my insecurities on. He is a child of the Lord. The Lord longs for his heart and i am in the perfect position to have an enormous impact on how he views Christ.
If i love those who are easy to love, then what purpose is that?

Home is a different place for me now.
I thought this would be a hard trip. I didnt know if i was ready to face old places with old memories. But God has been making me a new creation. I am finding this more and more to be true, the Lord is faithful to those who wait on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment