Wednesday, April 29, 2009

this is just a glimpse.

one day, there will be a million and one reasons why you weren't enough.

one million reasons to forget your face and your arms and your imagination.
one million reasons to take your pictures off the dashboard in my head and give them away to some worthier cause.
one million reasons to take back that other shirt I still have.
and one millions reasons to not be angry at you.

one day ill thank you for knowing, when i certainly did not.
and one day i won't care whether I get to thank you or not.

one day there will be a million and one reasons why I thank God for not revealing it all at once.

there will be one million reasons why I thank God for this new pair of eyes that I get to stair into.
and this new heart that I get to share with mine.
I will realize in a million different ways that it was never what i thought it was.
and this time I will get it, and it will be right.

and this time, I will see that there are a million different reasons why I came to exactly the place where I will be standing when I realize that there are a million different reasons why you weren't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment