Sunday, April 12, 2009

Houston

Houston.
how do i love thee, let me count the ways,

Montrose and Westhiemer
Taxi Taxi
Agoras
The Empire Cafe
Old Treasures and New Ones Too
tucked away bayous and tire swings
River Oaks at Christmas time
Memorial Park
Charascos
Project Green
The Houston Zoo
Trash and Treasures Antique Store
The Childrens Museum
The Museum of Fine Arts
bungalows covered in ivy
Ecclesia
Niko Niko's
Numbers
The Wharehouse Live

Ive had so many good memories with you Houston.
How you have been good to me.
You've seen me through highschool and senior year when i made it my mission to go to as many concerts and shows as i could feasibly afford as a high school student.
You saw me dance like a maniac on Friday night 80's night at Numbers.
You were there when i turned 18 and decided it would be a good idea to go out and get a tattoo.
You produced plenty of good food for my family to enjoy on various holidays.
You provided plenty of backroads and allys for two best friends to explore
You watched as a beautiful girl and a handsome boy grew up in love.
You were there to escape to when the world inside this cold and empty house was too much to bear.
You had tree lined roads to travel and listen to new music on.
Youve been one of my dearest friends over the years.
From one period of my life to the next.
Im not sad.

I am a blessed individual with the chance to explore my dreams and watch and encourage others to explore theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment