Sunday, May 3, 2009

TODAY!

how can i be expected to study in the state i am in.
there should be a rule where i can pull the "dreaming" card.
how can i be expected to worry about silly physical anthropology!!!!

let me give you a glimpse of my situation (forgive me if its "scatter-ish"):
the day is overcast and im sitting at j&b's with some of the besties.
they are all "studying" too.
im listening to Cloud Cult and dreaming of ways God could want to use me.
im a social work major and 20 and completely unsure of where ill be in 2 or 3 years.
im studying for my social work final and im reading about settlement houses.
and all i can think about is the community called the Simple Way that Shane Claiborn writes about in Irresistable Revolution and how badly i want to fall into play with that in the quickest way possible.
i want to intern there.
i want to be in community and love Jesus with those people.
i want to be a part of what Jesus is doing there.
gah its so great!
go to http://www.thesimpleway.org/
its so real and organic and natural and refreshing the way these people live to love and to serve.

could this be what you want for me Jesus?
one day last year i walked into a book store looking for something to read and that was the first one that caught my eye
i read it and it changed my love for Jesus in such a real way
was this your plan Jesus?
You have changed my heart so greatly since then.
is it silly to think i may believe that picking up that book last year was Gods first bit of revealing His plan for me?
no. i do not think it is. lol

i want to play under fire hydrants with inner city children!
and help them with their homework!
and plant a huge garden!
and use re-usable resources!
and think of new and creative ideas to raise awareness for, and practice social justice in my life and the lifes of others!!!

YEA YEA YEA!!!

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing.
    i love social work. studying for it makes me go crazy thinking about all the things i could be doing sooooon. :)

    ReplyDelete