Thursday, July 30, 2009

At Your Feet.




Sin is such an ugly thing.
God is the only thing i have to hold on to,
He is literally our only hope.


I am a flawed, imperfect sinner.
I am Judas, I am Peter.
I am a hypocrite in its truest form.

I am wholly and completely at the mercy of the Lord.
I am flesh, i am sin.
I am only made clean by his blood and his blood alone.




What has happened here is that God has once again brought me low and made me humble.


It is in these times that I realize how insignificant I am, and how completely and utterly dependent I am on Gods grace and mercy.


I am nothing good apart from the Lord
I must decrease, so that He may increase.


It is He who lifts me up out of the miry clay and washes the dirt from eyes.
It is He who gives me the strength to overcome the evil in my own life.
I can not rely on myself because I am not good
Apart from him I am complete darkness.


I am a wreck.
My sin weighs heavy on my back like a burden that is too much for me to carry.
The good that I desire to do, is not the good that I do.

But that is why He is so good.
Because He is gracious, and He is forgiving, and He is loving.

And I am undeserving.
He is God, and I am man.
What is man that the Lord of all creation should be mindful of him?
I am but a grain of sand.


I can not expect God to do anything with me or for me in the state that I have been in.
For me to be of any use, God has to be in His rightful place, and I have to be in mine.
And God is most surely always in His rightful place.
It is me who has been trying to be greater than I am.


My place is at Christs feet.
Humbled.
Repenting.
Submissive.
Devoted.
A Servant.

Lord, You are my only good.
You are my only hope.
You are the only one who can save.
You are the only one who can change my heart.
Lord, heal and forgive my past, and write my future.

1 comment:

  1. rachel,
    your words speak so much truth. i've liked you last few posts for their honesty and truth. thanks for this love. :)

    ReplyDelete